Bengaluru : Indira Canteens to spread to the rest of Karnataka…!

Bengaluru :  The state government has decided to expand the Indira Canteen scheme to the rest of the state, following the programme becaming hit with the people from all walks of society under BBMP limits.

In the first phase the state government has issued orders to start 247 Indira subsidised food canteens across the state and the DCs of each district are given the responsibility of floating tenders for the proposed canteens in their respective jurisdiction.

According to the order, one canteen will be set up for every one lakh population. Dharawad city will have the highest number of canteens with a total of 12 canteens.

Tumakuru-4, Davanagere-6, Shivamogga-4, Mangaluru-5, Belagavi-6, Vijayapura-4, Dharawad -12, Kalaburugi-7, Rayachuru-3, Bidar-3, Ballari-5, Hosapet-3 and Udupi will have 2 of such subsidised canteens.

According to the government order, urban local bodies are directed to bear 70% of the recurring cost while the labor department will bear the remaining 30%.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com